“I love the quietness and stillness that yin yoga offers me. I admire the inner strength and observations of my true nature that unfolds in each shape. I crave peace and feminine nurturing. I am grateful for the opportunity to practice!” Rach, Managing Director, Shine Om
What is yin yoga?
Oh, you’ll love Yin. It’s basically sleeping. You use heaps of props like blankets and pillows to support yourself so you’re nice and comfy and then melt into the pose. It’s perfect for stretching the muscles deeply and getting into the places you don’t usually get to reach.
Yin differs from other yoga styles as you hold poses supported by props (bolsters, pillows, blankets, blocks and straps) for more extended periods. This allows your body to relax deeply into the poses benefiting all your insides (muscles, skeletal, tendons, ligaments etc.) It is a restorative yoga style allowing you to focus on connecting with yourself and deep stretching.
For more information on why we rate Yin Yoga so highly, read our blog post 5 reasons why everyone should do yin yoga.
What do I need to attend Yin Yoga?
You will need:
- A mat, towel or blanket to get bendy on. Mats are available to borrow, but please bring a clean towel to cover your mat and bolster.
- A jumper or blanket to cover yourself as you may get cool during relaxation.
- It is optional to bring an eye pillow and as many pillows, cushions, blankets and anything else you need to support you in poses and relax into.
What do I need for Online Yin Yoga?
You will need:
- A mat, towel or blanket to get bendy on
- A pillow or couch cushion to use as a bolster
- Some uninterrupted time so please put your phones on do not disturb, and lock your children outside 😉
- As many pillows, cushions, blankets and anything else you need to support you in poses and relax into.
Please set up your mat with the following in reach;
- Bolster (You can use a couch cushion)
- Yoga Blocks, if you have them
I suggest setting up your space at least 5-10 mins before class commences. For Zoom, I encourage you to play some calming music such as our Calm the Farm playlist, use Shine Om essential oils in your diffuser, dim the lights and have some water available.
How much does it cost?
When can I start?
Before starting our classes, we require you to read and complete this Shine Om Yoga Liability Waiver Agreement.
There is no current group class scheduled. To stay up-to-date, complete the contact form below to be added to the mailing list.
We cannot wait to see you on the mat.