Shine Om engages children through fun and interactive mindful movement. We strive to make each class entertaining and fun whilst benefiting both our minds and bodies. We follow the philosophy of Rainbow Yoga and believe that yoga is best enjoyed together. Fostering the idea of ‘togetherness’ provides children with an opportunity to form connections and learn to work collaboratively.
Children benefit from experiencing yoga and mindfulness in many ways. Some benefits include encouraging creativity and improving strength and flexibility whilst building their self-confidence and self-awareness. Through play and movement, Shine Om yoga teaches your child strategies to relax and reduce stress.
Each yoga class follows a theme and uses music to guide children through yoga poses, mindfulness and relaxation. Your child will learn strategies to reduce stress, calm the mind, develop an understanding of yoga poses and their benefits and bring awareness to the breath and its importance.
After school yoga classes are for kids, aged between 5-12 (primary School aged). However, this is a guide only and if you have a child who is comfortable with joining in with younger children, then they are more than welcome.
- 6 Weeks indoor Kids Yoga (4-12) at Belconnen Arts Centre 5-5:45 pm October 17 -November 21
- 4 weeks outdoor Kids Yoga (4-12) by Lake Ginninderra November 28- Dec 19
- 4 weeks outdoor Teens Restorative Yoga (12-17) by Lake Ginninderra November 28- Dec 19 6-6:45 pm
- 6 Weeks indoor yoga only – $100
- 4 weeks outdoor only – $65 (Any cancelled classes due to inclement weather can be transferred to next term, a family yoga event or refunded- Whatever suits you and your family best).
- 10 weeks full term (All indoor and outdoor classes) $140
- Casual drop in class $20
- First Shine Om Kids Yoga Class is free.
- 10% off total price if signing up two or more people for the full term. This does not include the casual class or 4 class pass.
- Refer a friend who signs up for the term and receive 10% off your next full term fee.
No refunds will be provided for any missed classes.
To enrol contact Rachel outlining which class you would like your child to attend and an invoice will be sent via email. Payment will be required into a designated bank account prior to the first class or within 14 days of invoicing, whichever is earlier.
What to wear: Active Wear which your child is comfortable moving in as they will be moving around quite a lot. We encourage nothing too long or flowing which your child may trip on i.e. flowing skirts or long flared pants.
What to bring:A water bottle & a small towel is required. Most importantly bring along an open mind and a willingness to have fun and participate.
If you would love for your child to experience Kids Yoga but the group classes don’t fit your schedule then get in touch to arrange for private classes in your own home. We offer private group classes tailored to you and your tribe. Head on over to our Contact Us page and get in touch.